November 20, 2019
The five pitch series winners will compete at Demo Day for a grand prize including $15,000. All Demo Day competitors will be required to upload a 10-slide pitch deck prior to the Demo Day event.
Each finalist at Demo Day:
Gives five-minute live pitch
Fields five-minute Q&A from judges
Judges announce live the winner of the Tulsa StartUp Series
The winner of the 2019 StartUp Series Competition receives $15,000 to advance their business, along with a year’s membership and desk at 36 Degrees North and a dedicated mentor for 12 months.
10-Slide Pitch Deck Requirements
- Slide 1 – Elevator Pitch
- A short, 1-2 sentence explanation of your company:
- What your company does
- How your company does it
- Why your company does it
- Slide 2 – The Problem
- What is the problem your company solves?
- Who has the problem?
- Why is that problem a big deal?
- Slide 3 – Your Solution
- How do you fix your customer’s problem?
- How is it different, better than others?
- Customer example / demo
- Slide 4 – Unfair Advantage
- Proprietary technology
- Experienced team
- Market traction
- Slide 5 – Business Model
- Top sources of revenue
- Cost of goods sold
- Slide 6 – Market Size
- Top Down or Bottom Up Calculation
- Characteristics of the market
- Slide 7 – Marketing Plan
- How do you get customers?
- How many customer can you get?
- How much will it cost you to get these customers?
- How many leads will convert into customers?
- Slide 8 – Competitors
- Who are all of your competitors?
- How are you different/better?
- Slide 9 – Team
- Who is on your team?
- Slide 10 – Milestones
- What are your goals for the next year?
- How will you achieve these goals?
- How will winning help you achieve these goals?
- How did you use the $2,500 prize money to test your business concept?
Tips for making slide deck:
- More graphics, less text
- Slides are not your script
- Font should never be less than 30pt
- Slides should be in PDF format